Indulgently rich and fudgy homemade Peanut Butter Cheesecake brownies are layered with loads of peanut butter cheesecake. They’re moist, rich, and fudgy with plenty of flavor and lots of chocolate!
Brownies. In my house, rich, fudgy brownies are always a winning dessert. From the fudgy middle to the slightly crisp yet chewy edges, every bite is pure perfection – I mean what’s not to love? And while there’s nothing wrong with the good ol’ classic, there’s something special about dressing them up to create the ultimate decadent sweet treat.
Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownies are a fun twist on the traditional fudge brownie. This recipe takes the classic, makes it fudgier, and dresses it up with a creamy cheesecake and peanut butter filling. And the finished product is an elegant yet oh-so-easy dessert to make that will turn any celebration into a bit more sophisticated affair!
These handheld treats are tasty and beautiful enough to serve at holiday family get-togethers, elegant enough for a special occasion, or is sweet enough to finish off an at-home date night for two!
peanut butter cheesecake brownie ingredients
- cream cheese
- creamy peanut butter
- unsalted butter
- granulated sugar
- brown sugar
- vanilla extract
- all-purpose flour
- cocoa powder
- chocolate chip
Brown sugar: Feel free to use light or dark brown sugar. In this recipe, I prefer the deeper, richer caramel flavors of dark, but if you prefer the sweeter tastes of light brown or that’s all you have on hand, use that instead!
Pure vanilla extract: Using a high-quality pure vanilla extract gives a subtle rich sweet flavor while also bringing out the flavors of the other ingredients in the batter.
Cocoa powder: Be sure you use unsweetened cocoa powder in this recipe. By using unsweetened it allows you to control the amount of sugar in the final product.
how to make peanut butter cheesecake brownies
STEP ONE: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Prepare an 8×8 inch square baking dish with parchment. Set aside.
STEP TWO: In a medium microwave-safe bowl, melt butter and chocolate in 20-second increments, stirring after each round. Once melted, pour into a large mixing bowl and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
STEP THREE: To the cooled melted chocolate, whisk in sugars. Then, add in eggs, one at a time, stirring until smooth and vanilla. Next, gently fold in the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Stir in the remaining chocolate chips and pour the batter into the prepared pan. Using a spatula, evenly spread out the batter.
STEP FOUR: Pour ¾ brownie mixture in the prepared pan. The batter is thick so be prepared to spread into the corners of the pan.
steps for the peanut butter cheesecake
STEP ONE: In a large bowl using a stand mixer with paddle or whisk attachment, beat the cream cheese for 1 minute on high speed until completely smooth and creamy.
STEP TWO: Beat in eggs and vanilla extract and lastly the peanut butter.
STEP THREE: Pour cheesecake mixture on top of brownie mixture and finish with the remainder of brownie mixture. If it is really thick add 1teaspoon of hot water to the brownie mixture.
STEP FOUR: Bake for 40 minutes or until the brownies begin to pull away from the edges of the pan.
how to store
Store leftover black forest bars in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
can i freeze these peanut butter cheesecake brownies?
You can, however, freeze the brownie cheesecake. Prepare the rich fudgy bottom according to recipe and allow the base to completely cool. Once cooled, place in a freezer-friendly container or bag for up to 3 months.
When ready to enjoy, allow brownie to thaw overnight in the fridge. Then, whip up the whipped topping and cherry sauce when ready to serve!
can i make this recipe in a 9×13 baking dish?
Of course! Just double the recipe, bake, and assemble according to card.
can these be made in muffin tins?
Sure can! Just prepare a cupcake tin by generously coating it with cooking spray then sprinkle with flour. If you’d prefer, use cupcake liners instead of greasing. Spoon brownie batter into muffin tins and bake until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center. Top with your whipped topping and cherries for an individual bite-sized treat!
bbq bakers tips for the best peanut butter cheesecake brownies
Peanut butter Cheesecake brownies take those decadent brownies you know to the next level with a just a few tweaks!
- Use high quality cocoa powder and chocolate: The quality of your chocolate will make or break your brownies. Now is the time to invest in the good stuff for the best brownies!
- Make sure all the ingredients for the cheesecake are at room temperature: The number one rule of making cheesecake is that ALL INGREDIENTS MUST BE AT ROOM TEMPERATURE. Let’s shout it from the rooftop. If your cream cheese and eggs aren’t at true room temperature the batter will not mix together and you will end up with cheesecake.
- Don’t over bake the cheesecake brownies: Over baked cheesecake brownies can get cake-like and dry real fast. Two words I definitely don’t want my cream cheese brownies being described as. Take out the brownies when the cheesecake is still a little wobbly and you’ll be in the clear!
click here for step by step story process
Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownies
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted and cooled slightly
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup All-purpose Flour
- ¼ cup Cocoa Powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips semi-sweet, milk, dark (you choose)
- 8 oz brick Cream Cheese softened to room temperature
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- Melt butter and chocolate in a medium microwave safe bowl in 20 second increments, stirring after each round in the microwave. Remove from the heat, pour into a large mixing bowl and allow to cool for 8-10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line the bottom and sides of a 9-inch square baking pan with parchment, leaving an overhang on all sides to easily lift the brownies out of the pan when cool. Set aside
- Whisk the granulated sugar into the cooled chocolate/butter mixture. Add the eggs, one at a time, stirring until smooth. Whisk in the vanilla. Gently fold in the flour, cocoa powder and salt. Pour ¾ brownie mixture in the prepared pan. The batter is thick so be prepared to spread into the corners of the pan.
Peanut Butter Cheesecake
- In a large bowl using a stand mixer with paddle or whisk attachment, beat the cream cheese for 1 minute on high speed until completely smooth and creamy. Reduce to medium-high speed and beat in the sugar until combined. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract until combined. Lastly, add the peanut butter.
- Pour cheesecake mixture on top of brownie mixture and finish with the remainder of brownie mixture. If it is really thick add 1teaspoon of hot water to the brownie mixture.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the brownies begin to pull away from the edges of the pan. A toothpick can be inserted in the center and should come with moist brownies, and voila done!
- Allow the brownies to cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Then cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight (for best results) as the cheesecake layer must be cold before cutting into.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Word of mouth is the kindest compliment you could give!
Leave a comment below. Tag @bbqbakers on Instagram. Like, comment & follow on Pinterest.